Starting early is the key to teaching your young ones the joys of bicycle life, and there's no better way to do so than with our Hotwalk. It's for kids 18 months to 4 years old*, and it's designed for less crashes and more smiles to make learning to ride a bike as easy as can be. With no pedals or gears, we made the Hotwalk to help your little ripper find their balance by making it as easy as possible to put their feet down. In fact, scooting around with their feet is how the bike moves (outside of gravity), so they'll get used to the feeling of riding without much of the risk. And with a redesigned frame, the new Hotwalk features a lower standover height to accommodate little riders, as well as a longer wheelbase for more stable scooting. And rather than sticking to a traditional kids' bike sizing style that uses age, we've based our sizes upon inseam. Different kiddos are different sizes at different ages, so inseam solves the ""this doesn't look like it'll fit"" problem. In other words, if your toddler has an inseam that's between 15 to 18 inches, they'll be able to comfortably ride the Hotwalk and still put both feet flat on the ground.
Even better for you, there isn't much that can break should the bike hit the deck on the pump track, so there's less maintenance than with a ""traditional"" bike—like airless tires that'll never go flat and an assembly of only two bolts. That's right, you get parental hero status, and they have the time of their lives while learning to ride. Win-win. *Don't know their inseam (what parent really does)? *The Hotwalk is appropriate for toddlers 18 months to 4 years old. Of course, we recommend flexing some parental discretion on whether your kid has the motor skills necessary to operate a bike.
- Adult assembly is required. Tools are included in the box.
- How to assemble your Hotwalk (<a href="http://servicevideos.specialized.com/video/294248982" target="_blank">watch video</a> | <a href="https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/0000131584.pdf" target="_blank">download manual</a>).
- The 12-inch alloy wheels are not only light, but durable enough to take plenty of abuse.
- The Rhythm Lite Airless tires will never go flat, allowing your little ripper to scoot around on- and off-road worry-free.
- Tough A1 Premium Aluminum frame has a low standover that's made to fit all sizes of little kids.